Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Early Signs

The signs were there from the start - of course it's easy to look back and say that now. At the time they weren't apparent to me. I knew nothing but a loving family home, was naive to the turbulent events which occurred in some people's lives.

The Friday following the night I gave John a life home, my friend Lizzie and I were out on the town when we bumped into John and his mate Andy. An hour or so later Lizzie and I had agreed to go out as a foursome with them the next evening. John kept on joking with me, 'Have I drawn  the short straw?'. He said it flirtatiously, and I joked back that there were no short straws with me and Lizzie. Putdown number 1 - before we were even dating - and I hadn't even recognised it!

Neither did I recognise the fact that he started telling me to change the way I dressed. He wanted me to dress in pencil skirts with stockings tops showing beneath the split of the skirt if you looked hard enough. And I did it - to please him. Then when we were in the pub having a drink he would place his hand at the top of the split in my skirt. I thought it was because he couldn't keep his hands off me - in reality, of course, it was an ownership statement.




No comments:

Post a Comment